IFX Mail Archive: RE: IFX> Tiff-fx

RE: IFX> Tiff-fx

From: McDonald, Ira (IMcDonald@crt.xerox.com)
Date: Wed Oct 03 2001 - 20:03:49 EDT

    Hi Harry,

    Well - I wasn't at any face-to-face IFX meetings. But on at least two IFX
    telecons this summer we HYPOTHETICALLY considered shifting entirely from
    TIFF-FX (for now) to some other precise document format (for example, PDF
    or the ISO standard PDF-X used in high-end graphics production).

    No conclusion - except that if TIFF-FX winds up staying balled up in
    politics (and the color profiles and MRC ARE balled up in politics)
    for too long, we'd have to consider launching IPPFAX/1.0 with some
    other required format for interoperability.

    A potentially attractive aspect of ISO PDF-X (I think I've written that
    wrong)
    is that it has NO options - interoperability would be very high.

    Cheers,
    - Ira McDonald