IFX Mail Archive: IFX> New Compression Keywords

IFX> New Compression Keywords

From: Bergman, Ron (Ron.Bergman@Hitachi-hkis.com)
Date: Tue Oct 16 2001 - 16:36:34 EDT

    Tom,

    For support of IPP FAX, the attributes "compression" and
    "compression-supported" must have the following new keywords defined:

    1. mh (modified Huffman)
    2. mr (modified READ)
    3. mmr (modified modified READ)
    4. jpeg (Joint Photographic Experts Group)
    5. jbig-lossless-bw (Joint Bi-level Image Group, black and white)
    6. jbig2-lossy-bw
    7. jbig2-lossless-bw
    8. jbig2-lossy-color
    9. jbig2-lossless-color

    I am not sure if this covers all the possibilities. I propose that this be
    a discussion topic next week.

    My travel request was not approved, so if you could lead this discussion, I
    would appreciate it.

            Ron