IFX Mail Archive: IFX> IPP FAX spec with changes agreed to a

From: Hastings, Tom N (hastings@cp10.es.xerox.com)
Date: Fri Oct 26 2001 - 20:14:59 EDT

    Here is the IPPFAX protocol document as we modified it at the meeting. It
    doesn't have all of the agreements and isn't the updated version 0.8. It is
    just the version with the revision marks that shows the changes that we made
    together using the projector.

    ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/QUALDOCS/ifx-spec-07-with-meeting-changes.pdf
    ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/QUALDOCS/ifx-spec-07-with-meeting-changes.doc

    Other important changes that we agreed to include:

    1. Get rid of the URL Context idea.

    2. Only allow Method 1 for IPPFAX (see section 2.3), so that IPP and IPPFAX
    MUST be in separate Printer objects as seen by the client if IPP is also
    supported. Also if multiple URLs are supported by an IPPFAX Printer object
    (Receiver), then they MUST all have the same values for Printer attributes
    as seen by clients using Get-Printer-Attributes.

    Bill is writing up the notes.

    Thanks,
    Tom