IFX Mail Archive: IFX> NOT - Updated IPP Event Notifications

From: Hastings, Tom N (hastings@cp10.es.xerox.com)
Date: Wed Nov 21 2001 - 13:13:43 EST

    I've down loaded an updated version of the IPP Event Notifications and
    Subscriptions spec as agreed on the mailing list as a result of reviewing
    the IPPGET Pull Delivery Method spec. Push Delivery Methods, such as 'indp'
    and 'mailto' continue to use the "notify-recipient-uri" (uri) Subscription
    Template attribute as before. However, Push Delivery Methods, such as
    'ippget' MUST use the "notify-pull-method" (type2 keyword) Subscription
    Template attribute instead.

    So there is no change to 'indp' and 'mailto' Delivery Methods (spec or
    implementations), only to the 'ippget' Delivery Method.

    I've submitted the draft-ietf-ipp-not-spec-08.txt to the IETF Internet-Draft
    Editor in time for the IETF dead-line today, so it will be published as an
    I-D in the next few days. Then we should probably do another IPP WG Last
    Call on this document and the IPPGET document which will be forthcoming
    today also.

    ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_NOT/ipp-not-spec-011119.pdf
    ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_NOT/ipp-not-spec-011119.doc
    ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_NOT/ipp-not-spec-011119-rev.pdf
    ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_NOT/ipp-not-spec-011119-rev.doc
    ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_NOT/ipp-not-spec-011119.txt
    ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_NOT/draft-ietf-ipp-not-spec-08.txt

    Please send any comments to the DL.

    Thanks,
    Tom Hastings

    P.S. I'm recovering at home from my surgery and I fell much better. I'm
    taking the dog out for walks several times a day. I check my email from
    time to time, but not very frequently. I expect to be back in the office
    part time December 6.