IFX Mail Archive: Re: IFX> TIFFFx

Re: IFX> TIFFFx

From: Harry Lewis (harryl@us.ibm.com)
Date: Thu May 09 2002 - 18:37:54 EDT

    I would have no problem with PDF. Unless there is very strong support
    shown for that on the reflector, however, I am also interested in Ron's
    IPP proposal.
    Harry Lewis
    IBM Printing Systems

    "Gail Songer" <gsonger@peerless.com>
    Sent by: owner-ifx@pwg.org
    05/09/2002 11:08 AM

            To: ifx@pwg.org
            cc:
            Subject: IFX> TIFFFx

    Hi,

    During the last meeting, we had a very long discussion regarding TIFF-FX,
    Adobe and IPPFax. We agreed that it was at least time to consider
    alternatives to TIFF-FX. We also wrote a note to Adobe explaining what we
    intended to do with TIFF-FX and asked for their comments. To date, we
    have
    not heard back from them.

    Ron Bergman volunteered to draw up a proposal providing an IPP solution to
    identify the compression schemes used in the job. He has indicated that
    he
    will have something ready for the Portland meeting. Another alternative
    proposed was to use PDF as the required PDL.

    I would like to get some feed back from the group. What do you think of
    the alternatives?
    a) Stick it out with TIFF-FX
    b) Use an IPP solution (or would prefer to wait until the proposal has
    been
    given)
    c) Use PDF
    d) other (please specify)