IFX Mail Archive: RE: IFX> TIFFFx

RE: IFX> TIFFFx

From: Harry Lewis (harryl@us.ibm.com)
Date: Wed May 15 2002 - 15:39:52 EDT

    In light of our full day plenary, I would amend only by adding...
    ... with the desire to evaluate the use of the web services Print Services
    Interface.
    Harry Lewis
    IBM Printing Systems

    "Wagner,William" <wwagner@netsilicon.com>
    Sent by: owner-ifx@pwg.org
    05/15/2002 01:30 PM

            To: <Ron.Bergman@Hitachi-hkis.com>, <Lee.Farrell@cda.canon.com>, <ifx@pwg.org>
            cc:
            Subject: RE: IFX> TIFFFx

    Lee more concisely expressed the gist of my comment. As a starting point,
    I suggest that the intent of IFX is to provide for the secure, verifiable
    internet transmission of information necessary to generate a precise
    facsimile of an original document (hardcopy or soft) at one or more
    authenticated destinations. There are associated functions related to
    determining the limits of precision (resolution, color, size, media.)
    There are associated functions dealing with notification and verification
    of delivery. There is an intent to use the IPP protocol.

    William A. Wagner (Bill Wagner)
    Director of Technology
    Imaging Division
    NETsilicon, Inc.