IFX Mail Archive: IFX> Adobe attendance at the June Face to

From: Harry Lewis (harryl@us.ibm.com)
Date: Thu May 16 2002 - 01:07:29 EDT

    Scott, there is a great deal of interest expressed on the PWG reflectors
    regarding an Adobe rep at the Portland meeting. The actual IPP FAX meeting
    (where the issue with TIFF-FX has been centered) is Friday and will wrap
    about 3pm with other topics on the agenda. It so happens that we plan a
    full day Thursday for the PWG to discuss where we are going and how our
    various projects can converge and harmonize better. For example, we just
    started a project on a standard web services Print Service Interface. We
    have developed standard schema for describing printer capabilities. We
    have defined XHTML-Print, a very light weight standard PDL leveraging CSS.

    Discussion of where PDF may fit in would be very appropriate at both the
    Thursday plenary and the IPP FAX meetings. Any chance you or the Adobe rep
    could be present for both meetings? If not, Thursday may be the better day
    and we'll try to make sure all the IPP FAX folks are in attendance. This
    will grab a wider audience.

    Thanks for your consideration.
    Harry Lewis
    Chairman - ISTO Printer Working Group