IFX Mail Archive: RE: IFX> PDF not streamable?

RE: IFX> PDF not streamable?

From: McDonald, Ira (imcdonald@sharplabs.com)
Date: Wed Jun 05 2002 - 18:12:49 EDT

    Hi John,

    Yes, the IPPFAX spec can expressly require or forbid certain PDF features.

    In particular (I sincerely hope), IPPFAX can specifically cite and require
    (for minimum conformance) exactly ONE of the profiles of PDF in the ISO
    PDF/X standards. That way we get a stable/tested profile from the pre-press
    industry.

    Cheers,
    - Ira McDonald
      High North Inc