IFX Mail Archive: IFX> RE: PDFFax question

IFX> RE: PDFFax question

From: Rick Seeler (rseeler@adobe.com)
Date: Wed Aug 07 2002 - 11:47:20 EDT

    Dennis,

    That is currently part of the PDF spec but it is not required. It would not
    be possible to create such a PDF from a device that was streaming the
    output. You would only be able to create a PDF with shared objects if the
    PDF were post-processed -- you cached the entire PDF on the source device
    before transmission. We should make sure that whatever spec we come up with
    for PDFax that > 1 page object lifetimes are supported.

    -Rick