IFX Mail Archive: RE: IFX> New version of PDF/is (PDFax) spe

RE: IFX> New version of PDF/is (PDFax) specification is now available.

From: Rick Seeler (rseeler@adobe.com)
Date: Wed Nov 20 2002 - 13:21:28 EST

    No, anyone can add new keywords to a PDF for 'private' use. See
    Appendix E "PDF Name Registry" of the PDF Reference. I've added several
    new keywords already for PDF/is. They would only be used by 'PDF/is'
    compliant devices. None of these extensions violate the basics of the
    PDF language, with the exception (possibly) of the proposed banding
    issue. But, even so, Adobe can make changes to the language to
    accommodate new extensions; it just requires more work on my part and
    approval from the 'pdflang' committee.

    -Rick