IFX Mail Archive: RE: IFX> Things to consider.

RE: IFX> Things to consider.

From: Rick Seeler (rseeler@adobe.com)
Date: Tue Jan 14 2003 - 15:37:07 EST

    More info...

    These are the two patents that are listed in the JBIG2 Spec [ISO/IEC N1359],
    Appendix I:

    1. Korean Patent, 10-97-068093, 1997 (pending),KwangWoon University,
    HyungHwa Ko et al.: LOSSY/LOSSLESS
    CODING METHOD FOR BINARY IMAGE BY EFFICIENT UTILIZATION OF PATTERN
    CORRELATION
    2. US Patent, 4 749 983, IBM, Compression of multilevel signals, June 7,
    1988

    Does anyone know if these apply to decoding, or just encoding?

    -Rick