I have just posted a new revision of the PDF/is specification (0.6) to the PWG
web site. This revision includes all of the changes we discussed during the f2f
in Maui plus some minor changes requested during a technical review here at
Here are the links:
<ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/QUALDOCS/pwg-ifx-pdfis-P06-030219-rev.pdf> - with
This revision has had the following major changes:
- <Mask> image profile is now optional for both the Producer and the Consumer.
"Tiling" support is now part of this profile.
- JBIG2 support is now required for the Consumer.
- ICCBased color space is now the only allowed color space for images. The
scope of the ICC profiles that must be supported has been limited to make
implementation less onerous.
- The determination of how the cache buffer space (Section 22.214.171.124.4 & 3.4) is
to be used (and calculated) is now fully specified.
- The 'Tiling' Operator (Section 126.96.36.199.1) has been redesigned and more fully
We will do a full walkthrough of this specification during one (or more) phone
conferences once the IPPFAX specification walkthrough is complete. Stay tuned.
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b29 : Wed Feb 19 2003 - 18:15:16 EST