IFX Mail Archive: IFX> Conf Call Summary

IFX> Conf Call Summary

From: Gail Songer (gsonger@peerless.com)
Date: Tue Feb 25 2003 - 16:02:53 EST

    Today's Conference Call Summary:

    Drop Flate from list of pdfis-compressions-supported (this used to be
    pdfis-profiles-supported)

    Make Masking mandatory for the receiver.

    Require both the sender and the receiver to support and use Banding.
    Drop support for Tiling.

    Color-space will be ICC with only the sRGP color profile. A pdfis
    device wouldn't have to process the profile, but the inclusion of the
    profile in the datastream would allow a PDF reader to process the
    document.

    Coloring by pdfis compression schemes:

                No longer need the following attributes:

    pdfis-compressions-supported (all compressions are required)

    pdfis-color-spaces-supported (only one colorspace)

    pdfis-data-encryption-supported (encryption types do not very based on
    compression)

    pdfis-cache-size-k-octets-supported (we will just pick a single required
    number)

    pdfis-orientation-supported - all images will be in landscape.

    Still Open:

                Media Sizes supported.

                Resolution: Require a min/max?

                Sender-URI Stamps.

          Coloring of attributes based on compression. (Resolutions)

          Required ColorSpace(s)

    ToDo:

          Walk through references section and split into
    Normative-v-Informative