I have just posted a new revision (0.50 - new numbering scheme used) of the
PDF/is specification to the PWG web site.
Here are the links:
wd-pdfis10-20030314-rev.pdf> - with change markings.
This revision has the following major changes:
- Introduction and abstract text has been rewritten.
- 'IGNORED' objects concept has been removed from the spec - the previously
'IGNORED' objects are now either PROHIBTED or OPTIONAL.
- ICCBased color space is now limited to either 'sRGB' for color or 'Gray Gamma
2.2' for gray scale. The actual 'Gray Gamma 2.2' ICC profile to be used will be
supplied on the PWG web site, soon (waiting for a copyright release statement
- Masked images are once again required by the Consumer. This allows us to have
a blindly interchangeable format.
- 'Tiling' has been restricted to just 'banding' and is now required by the
- The 'File Layout' section has been moved up in the document to aid
- The 'MEMORY' field has been removed. The memory requirement for the Consumer
will be a fixed value (allowing blind interchange). It's currently set to 4MB.
- The 'SECURITY' profile field in the PDF/is object has been removed since it
duplicates information that is available in the encryption object (the next
object in the Document). A '/Fis_DSig' tag has been added to indicate to the
Consumer that the Document is digitally signed.
- The 'Content Stream' rules have been relaxed to allow multiple 'Content
Streams' per page. As a side effect, the 'Resource Dictionary' had to moved to
the end of the page.
- Some 'stream' fields were missing from some of the 'Field-Specification'
- 'Object Lifetime' rules have been updated.
- Conformance requirements for image resolution and media size have been added.
We will be discussing some of the recent changes during our phone conference
today, along with IPPFAX issues. Conference details below...
When: March 14, 2003, 10:00 AM PST
Call: 1-408-536-9900 Conference ID: 123123
For more info contact: Rick Seeler, 408-536-4393
Meeting Name: IPP FAX / PDF-is
Meeting Description: IPPFAX and PDF/is spec discussion.
Click to attend link:
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b29 : Fri Mar 14 2003 - 10:26:19 EST