I have just posted a new revision (0.60) of the PDF/is specification to the PWG
Here are the links:
wd-pdfis10-20030324-rev.pdf> - with change markings.
Changes for this revision:
- PPK (PKI) Encryption is no longer part of this specification - removed since
this feature would most likely be dropped due to lack of interoperability
testing due to its inherent complexity. This feature may be revisited with a
future version of the specification.
- 'Fis_OrigID' field added to PDF/is Dictionary. This field points to an image
object that is used to identify the originator of the fax. The protocol spec
(IPPFAX) will indicate what information is required in that object.
- 'Fis_Duplex' field added to PDF/is Dictionary. Indicates that the Document is
duplex and has had all of the page fronts scanned before all page backs. This
field is also used in the Page Dictionary where the document is "flipped" -- to
indicate the first even numbered page.
- Page Ordering guidelines have been added.
- If a compression stream is not length preceded, an identifiable string is
added to 'endstream' to help Consumers skip over the data stream (see Section
- Image scaling restrictions for the Consumer have been identified in the
- The Revision section (Section 12) now has links to all past change-indicated
versions of the specification, for your convenience.
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b29 : Mon Mar 24 2003 - 19:37:01 EST