IFX Mail Archive: IFX> Conference Call

IFX> Conference Call

From: Gail Songer (gsonger@peerless.com)
Date: Wed Apr 23 2003 - 19:09:06 EDT

    Should IPP Fax allow any form of PDF beside PDF/is? See the issues
    around the topic below

    Next call, Wednesday April 30 at 1PM Pacific.

    Lee Farrell

    Tom Hastings

    Rick Seeler

    Dennis Carney

    Gail Songer

    Ira McDonald

    ICC profile - no progress

    Notifications - no progress

    pwg_letter-or-A4 - no progress

    pdl-override - lots of discussion on the IPP reflector. No resolution
    yet.

    digital-signature - in Document-object spec.

    The document-object spec may get bogged down. Need to keep tabs on it's
    progress; we may need to reconsider our dependence on that spec if it
    looks like it will take longer to finish last call than we are willing
    to wait.

    document-format-version - should it be used in Get-Printer-Attributes
    (should you be able to color on it? TomH)? (Ira doesn't want it)

    Ira would like to take out document-format-version and
    document-format-version-supported. Messy conformance requirements
    because we are requiring only a small part of the document-object spec
    and the document-object may not be as close to completion as previously
    thought. However, we had wanted IPPFax to allow other flavors of PDF
    and therefore would need to be able to specify what versions and you
    might not have access to an IPP port.

    Start next meeting: Section 7