IFX Mail Archive: RE: IFX> Media-Ready [and is IPPFAX a Devi

RE: IFX> Media-Ready [and is IPPFAX a Device Protocol or an Electronic Document Exchange Protocol?]

From: Gail Songer (gail.songer@peerless.com)
Date: Thu Jun 05 2003 - 11:11:30 EDT

    Hi Tom,

    I've been mulling this topic and I believe that media-ready was required
    because we were going to require the client to format the job based on
    the size of the paper that could be printed (sender makes right).

    However, now that we allow scaling and that we are focusing
    repositories, maybe this requirement can be lifted.

    Gail Songer

    Peerless Systems Corp

    gsonger@peerless.com