IFX Mail Archive: IFX> Proposed new Job and Document events

From: McDonald, Ira (imcdonald@sharplabs.com)
Date: Wed Jun 11 2003 - 12:47:16 EDT

    Hi folks, Wedesday (11 June 2003)

    Per an action item of mine from last week's PSI telecon (3 June) and in
    preparation for our IFX telecon on IPP Notifications and IPPGET this
    afternoon, below are all of the currently defined IPP events:

    'printer-state-changed' REQUIRED
        (sub-events)
        'printer-restarted' OPTIONAL
        'printer-shutdown' OPTIONAL
        'printer-stopped' REQUIRED

    'printer-config-changed' REQUIRED
        (sub-events)
        'printer-media-changed' OPTIONAL
        'printer-finishings-changed' OPTIONAL

    'printer-queue-order-changed' OPTIONAL

    'job-state-changed' REQUIRED
        (sub-events)
        'job-created' REQUIRED
        'job-completed' REQUIRED
        'job-stopped' OPTIONAL

    'job-config-changed' OPTIONAL

    'job-progress' OPTIONAL (page-level progress)

    I propose (for IPPFAX) two new job progress sub-events:

    'job-progress' OPTIONAL (page-level progress)
        (sub-events)
        'job-error' OPTIONAL (page-level error)
        'job-warning' OPTIONAL (page-level warning)

    I propose (for IPP Document object) a new set of document events:

    'document-state-changed' REQUIRED (if Document object supported)
        (sub-events)
        'document-created' REQUIRED
        'document-completed' REQUIRED

    Also worth considering are the (oddly, undefined) 'job-processing' and
    'document-processing' events.

    Comments?

    Cheers,
    - Ira McDonald