IFX Mail Archive: IFX> FW: SM> PWG Semantic Model/Schema:

From: Gail Songer (gail.songer@peerless.com)
Date: Mon Jun 23 2003 - 15:06:56 EDT

    All,

    This is a call for Patents that are essential to the IEEE ISTO PWG IPP
    Fax specification and associated PDF/is. Until the new process
    documents are finalized we will use the policy and a procedure of the
    IEEE since the ISTO is an affiliate. The IEEE call, is for essential
    Patents. The PWG specifies a 10 day call for Intellectual
    Property(IP). This call will close on July 8, 2003.

    If you believe you have IP essential to the PWG Semantic Model and/or
    PWG Schema you should file a Letter of Assurance (LOA). (
    <http://www.pwg.org/chair/pwg-loa.doc>
    http://www.pwg.org/chair/pwg-loa.doc) If you have IP related to the PWG
    Semantic Model and/or PWG Schema you are encouraged to submit an LOA.
    If you know of a company that has IP in this space that does participate
    in the working group please let me know and I will send them the
    appropriate letter asking them to file an LOA.

    The completed form should be sent to:

             Secretariat, Printer Working Group
                 c/o IEEE-ISTO
                 445 Hoes Lane