IFX Mail Archive: IFX> Minutes from San Jose, CA

IFX> Minutes from San Jose, CA

From: Gail Songer (gail.songer@peerless.com)
Date: Wed Mar 10 2004 - 15:12:58 EST

    WBMM and IPPFax:

    For WBMM to manage IPPFax, security is a requirement.

    What types of things would IPPFax want managed by WBMM?

    * Certificate creation
    * IPPFax on/off
    * Logging level
    * Cover sheets
    * Separator sheets
    * Archiving (on/off)
    * Job History
    * Accounting counters
    * Billing
    * Mgmt operations such as purge jobs and pause printer
    * Installation of new firmware
    * PDF flavors

    There is no plan in either group to do any work.

    Review of Charter

    Key design targets:

    * Synchronous

    * yes

    * Negotiated capabilities

    * yes

    * Image content

    * yes

    * Capable of secure

    * yes

    * Appropriate characteristics of PSTN Fax

    * We match the list in the charter however the technical aspects
    where never identified

    * Milestones

    * Way off on the milestones.

    * Bogged down with TIFF/fx
    * Loss of interest
    * Economic downturn

    * Identified that the steering committee should periodically
    review all charters for all the working groups and either try to get
    them back on track or require a new charter.

    Next Steps:

    * Get PDF/is out

    * Finish editorial revisions of the protocol spec, then shelve
    the spec pending prototypes.

    * No more formal meetings.

    Gail Songer

    Peerless Systems Corp