IPP Mail Archive: RE: IPP> Re: Does the world need a robust host-to-device network

RE: IPP> Re: Does the world need a robust host-to-device network

Paul Moore (paulmo@microsoft.com)
Fri, 13 Feb 1998 09:41:15 -0800

Building a second protocol based on the model is the worst of both worlds:-
- It is a separate completely non-interoperable protocol (being based on the
same model means nothing in wire terms), would a printer do both?
- It constrains the second protocol to only doing things that IPP can do.