IPP Mail Archive: Re: IPP> IPP document set - naming convention(s)

Re: IPP> IPP document set - naming convention(s)

Carl-Uno Manros (cmanros@cp10.es.xerox.com)
Thu, 12 Mar 1998 15:43:44 PST

At 03:36 PM 3/12/98 PST, Turner, Randy wrote:

>Would anyone have any problem(s) splitting the protocol (not model)
>document into two documents?
>
>Document 1 would be an encoding document
>Document 2 would describe how to transport the encoding over HTTP 1.1
>
>?
>
>Randy

Why are we getting all these "bright" ideas after the work is supposed to
be finished? I don't know if we can do the split at this stage.

I expect that we could try to negotiate that with the RFC editor, but it
would mean actually doing another editing run and insert new
cross-references etc. It would also impact references in all the other
documents.

Carl-Uno

Carl-Uno Manros
Phone +1-310-333 8273, Fax +1-310-333 5514
Email: manros@cp10.es.xerox.com