IPP Mail Archive: RE: IPP> Host to device

RE: IPP> Host to device

Paul Moore (paulmo@microsoft.com)
Fri, 3 Apr 1998 14:21:34 -0800

Good point - it would look very odd to have IPP for USB.

Also odd would be to have two IPP implmentations on TCP/IP - HTTP and direct
TCP/IP.

In retrospect the correct thing to have done was to produce a mapping of
TIP/SI onto HTTP. Ie. HTTP is just another transport layer.