IPP Mail Archive: Re: IPP> PRO Section 9.7 vs. MOD section 4.3: need clarifica

Re: IPP> PRO Section 9.7 vs. MOD section 4.3: need clarifica

Carl Kugler (kugler@us.ibm.com)
Mon, 6 Apr 1998 17:28:15 -0400

Thanks, Bob, I think I get it now.

Maybe your answer also provides a clue to my next question:

If attributes-charset and attributes-natural-language Job Description
Attributes are MANDATORY according to MOD/4.3, why aren't they shown as=

MANDATORY in "Group 3: Job Object Attributes" under

Print-Job Response:
Print-URI Response:
Create-Job Response:
Send-Document Response:
Send-URI Response:
Get-Job-Attributes Response:
Get-Jobs Response:

in MOD/15.3.4.3 "Validate the presence of a single occurrence of requir=
ed
Operation attributes"?

Could it be that the word MANDATORY has different meanings in these two=

sections?

4.3: MANDATORY ... attribute[s] MUST be supported by Printer objects.=

If it is not indicated as MANDATORY, then it is OPTIONAL

15.3.4.3: MANDATORY attributes [are those] that an IPP object MUST
support and that a client MUST supply

It's still not clear to me.

-Carl

robert.herriot@Eng.Sun.COM on 04/06/98 01:48:31 PM