IPP Mail Archive: Re: IPP> ADM - Steve Zilles resigning as co-chair of IPP

Re: IPP> ADM - Steve Zilles resigning as co-chair of IPP

Carl-Uno Manros (cmanros@cp10.es.xerox.com)
Wed, 15 Apr 1998 09:04:10 PDT

Steve,

It is with reget that I see you leaving your post. You have been a great
support in helping me navigate the sometimes muddy waters of the IETF. Hope
we will stay in touch, you never know when more people will start showing
up in the W3C.

Thanks,

Carl-Uno

At 05:26 AM 4/15/98 PDT, Steve Zilles wrote:
>With deep regret, I find it necessary to resign as co-chair of the IETF IPP
>Working Group. I had hoped that this would not be necessary before the IPP
>documents were published as RFC;s and the work was nearly completed. My
>assigned duties have shifted since the end of the year and I am much more
>involved with W3C. It is not fair to the many active participants of the
>IPP working group for me to occupy a position which requires an active
>participation which I can no longer sustain. I have discussed this decision
>with my co-chair and Keith Moore as Area Director; it is my understanding
>the the WG will continue under Carl-Uno's sole leadership. I will attempt
>to continue to participate at some level by e-mail, but due to meeting
>conflicts will not be able to participate in face-to-face meetings in the
>near future.
>
>I will miss the direct contact with a great working group.
> Sincerely,
>
> Steve Zilles

>Stephen N. Zilles | e-mail: szilles@adobe.com |
>Adobe Systems Inc. | |
>Mailstop W14 | tel: (work) (408) 536-4766 |
>345 Park Avenue | (Admin) (408) 536-4751 |
>San Jose, CA 95110-2704 | fax: (408) 537-4042 |

Carl-Uno Manros
Phone +1-310-333 8273, Fax +1-310-333 5514
Email: manros@cp10.es.xerox.com