IPP Mail Archive: IPP> Re: Implications of introducing new scheme and port for

IPP> Re: Implications of introducing new scheme and port for

Carl-Uno Manros (manros@cp10.es.xerox.com)
Mon, 1 Jun 1998 10:36:14 PDT

By scheme in this context is meant "ipp" vs. "htpp" or "ftp".

Carl-Uno

At 10:31 AM 6/1/98 PDT, Ted Hardie wrote:
>Carl-Uno,
> By "scheme" in the text below, do you mean a
>new HTTP method, parallel to GET and POST, or something
>else?
> regards,
> Ted Hardie
> NASA NIC
>
>> 1) the introduction of a new scheme called "ipp"
>> 2) the introduction a new default port number for IPP servers.
>>
>> Before the IPP WG responds to those suggestions, the IPP WG would like to
>> get some advice from the HTTP WG on the implications of such a change.
>> In particular, we want some feedback on how easy or difficult it would be
>> to configure existing web servers to accomodate the suggested changes.

Carl-Uno Manros
Phone +1-310-333 8273, Fax +1-310-333 5514
Email: manros@cp10.es.xerox.com