IPP Mail Archive: Re: IPP> ADM - PWG IPP Phone Conference on 980603, 10:00 AM PDT

Re: IPP> ADM - PWG IPP Phone Conference on 980603, 10:00 AM PDT

Jay Martin (jkm@underscore.com)
Tue, 02 Jun 1998 10:16:56 -0400

I'd like to see Jim Walker's comments posted to the IPP DL,
as well as any others' that have been sent to the IESG
and/or Keith Moore.

The PWG is continually trying to understand how the IETF
works (in terms of process) so that we can better mesh
into its process for future protocol standards.

When one or more persons submits a counter-argument to
a proposed spec, you would think that the governing body
(ie, the IESG) would make at least a minimal attempt to
publically state why (or why not) the argument prevails
in the minds of the governing body.

In short, we'd like to see what the IESG thought of the
counter-arguments to the IPP submission.

...jay

-- JK Martin | Email: jkm@underscore.com --
-- Underscore, Inc. | Voice: (603) 889-7000 --
-- 41C Sagamore Park Road | Fax: (603) 889-2699 --
-- Hudson, NH 03051-4915 | Web: http://www.underscore.com --