IPP Mail Archive: Re: IPP> Re: Implications of introducing new scheme and port

Re: IPP> Re: Implications of introducing new scheme and port

Robert Herriot (robert.herriot@Eng.Sun.COM)
Fri, 05 Jun 1998 12:05:36 -0700

Larry,

I get the same understanding as Don from your email. I understand you to say
that a client translates ipp://foo/killtree to http://foo:380/killtree and
sends the operation to the url http://foo:380/killtree. The wire, the
proxies and the destination printer/print-server (at http level) see only
http://foo:380/killtree. The printer-uri IPP attribute is
ipp://foo/killtree, but the request line is "POST /killtree HTTP/1.1"

Bob Herriot