IPP Mail Archive: Re: IPP> MOD> "document-format-supported"

Re: IPP> MOD> "document-format-supported"

Robert Herriot (robert.herriot@Eng.Sun.COM)
Tue, 09 Jun 1998 12:26:36 -0700

--=====================_3129239==_.ALT

The value of document-format-supported should be all document-formats
supported and its value should not be affected by the document-format
operation attribute. Otherwise, how does a client determine what
document-formats the printer supports. The document-format attribute should
affect other printer attributes returned. Perhaps the model document needs
some clarification in this area.

Bob Herriot

At 04:09 PM 6/8/98 , Carl Kugler wrote:
>A literal reading of 3.2.5.1, Get-Printer-Attributes Request, leads me to the
conclusion that the value of "document-format-supported" in a
Get-Printer-Attributes Response will always be either:

>a) a parroting back of the "document-format" supplied in the Request
>
>or
>
>b) the Printer's "document-format-default"
>
>depending on whether or not the client supplied "document-format" in the
Request. Am I reading this correctly?