IPP Mail Archive: Re: IPP> clarification needed re: "ipp:" proposal

Re: IPP> clarification needed re: "ipp:" proposal

Randy Turner (rturner@sharplabs.com)
Fri, 03 Jul 1998 17:45:23 -0700

What Larry and I worked on was a quick brief of what we thought were the
major elements of the proposal. It was not an I-D. If sufficient interest
exists in pursuing the proposal (by the WG, IESG, or anyone else), then we
will definitely translate the brief into a draft. The I-D would outline the
exact details, however just FYI, I believe either "ipp" or "http" schemes
MAY be included, but this is dependent upon the means used to determine the
URL in the first place. The administrator of such a service would publish
which ever URL was appropriate for how his/her server is configured.

Randy