IPP Mail Archive: Re: IPP> Re: New IPP Scheme

Re: IPP> Re: New IPP Scheme

Scott Lawrence (lawrence@agranat.com)
Mon, 13 Jul 1998 12:20:41 +0000

don@lexmark.com wrote:

> Yes, but in all these cases, a human being does not see this raw material.
> It is technically irrelevant whether the responses say "ipp:", "http:", or
> anything else for that matter.

Without taking sides on this debate, it is worth pointing out that the early
developers of the web all thought that ordinary users would never deal
directly with URLs at all - only HTML authors would ever see them. We all
see them every day in mail, TV, newspapers, billboards...

--
Scott Lawrence            Consulting Engineer        <lawrence@agranat.com>
Agranat Systems, Inc.   Embedded Web Technology     http://www.agranat.com/