IPP Mail Archive: RE: IPP> Implementation question re.: chunking

RE: IPP> Implementation question re.: chunking

Manros, Carl-Uno B (cmanros@cp10.es.xerox.com)
Fri, 24 Jul 1998 10:13:44 PDT

Carl,

I think this is a good example of the things that we need to put in an
Implementor's Guide document. Formally, as we are referencing IETF's
HTTP 1.1, all IPP implementations MUST support "chunking". However, I
think it would be smart for an actual implementation to also support
using HTTP 1.0 to allow for maximum interoperability. E.g. in Xerox we
have had to base our current client code (written in Java) on HTTP 1.0,
as the JavaSoft libraries do not yet support some of the HTTP 1.1
features. These problems will disappear over time, but we also need to
get things working short term.

Carl-Uno