IPP Mail Archive: Re: IPP> TES - IPP Test Tools

Re: IPP> TES - IPP Test Tools

Carl-Uno Manros (manros@cp10.es.xerox.com)
Thu, 6 Aug 1998 11:52:04 PDT

Hugo,

Thanks for letting us know, in case other people run into the same problem.

Carl-Uno

At 10:43 AM 8/6/98 PDT, Hugo Parra wrote:
>I had some trouble running the Xerox IPP Client Tool on my Win95
workstation, but finally found out what was wrong. Here's what the matter
was as an FYI.

>Unzipping IPPClientV1_0.zip resulted in five new files. One of them was
IppClien.jar (not IppClient.jar - notice the 't' missing). IppClient.bat
expects IPPClient.jar to be in the local directory (not IppClien.jar).
Without it, the following error message gets reported:

>"Can't find class com/xerox/ipp/client/gb"
>
>Once I modified IppClient.bat to use IppClien.jar, the IPP Client loaded
fine. It is possible that it was my unzip tool that messed up the name of
my files; I haven't had time to try a different tool to verify this but
seems likely since Lexmark reported no problems running the client.

>Cheers,
>-Hugo

>All,
>
>As indicated yesterday, the IPP tools are today officially released. If you
>want to see the release note it can be found at:
>
> http://www.xerox.com/PR/nr980805.htm
>
>Carl-Uno

Carl-Uno Manros
Phone +1-310-333 8273, Fax +1-310-333 5514
Email: manros@cp10.es.xerox.com