IPP Mail Archive: (no subject)

(no subject)

kugler@us.ibm.com
Fri, 28 Aug 1998 10:14:29 +0100

Date: 21 Aug 1998 16:46:23 -0000
From: "Carl Kugler" <kugler@us.ibm.com>
Subject: Re: IPP> IPP Questions: Comparing xWithLanguage and xWithoutLanguage
To: ipp@pwg.org
Sender: owner-ipp@pwg.org

A related, related question:

> A related question that I wonder about is this: when checking for equality or containment (e.g., "IF NOT in the Printer object's 'job-hold-until-supported' attribute ...") is value type considered? Is a value of type 'nameWithoutLanguage' considered e

qual to a value of type 'nameWithLanguage' if the default language for the context of the 'nameWithoutLanguage' value is the same as the language explicit in the 'nameWithLanguage' value? Can a 'name' match a 'keyword'?

> -Carl

IF a 'nameWithoutLanguage' value in the appropriate natural language context CAN match a 'nameWithLanguage' value, is there any harm (other than a negligible increase in network bandwidth consumption) in an application promoting ALL 'name' and 'text' attr

ibute values to 'nameWithLanguage' and 'textWithLanguage' values?

-Carl

-----
Original Message: http://www.findmail.com/list/ipp/?start=4349
Start a FREE email list at http://www.FindMail.com/