IPP Mail Archive: (no subject)

(no subject)

cmanros@cp10.es.xerox.com
Fri, 28 Aug 1998 10:30:22 +0100

From: "Manros, Carl-Uno B" <cmanros@cp10.es.xerox.com>
To: ipp@pwg.org
Subject: IPP> ADM - Early Report from IETF42 in Chicago
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 13:26:27 PDT
Sender: owner-ipp@pwg.org

All,

I just wanted you to know that it looks like we now have everybody's
attention.

Last night I met with Keith Moore, the two Security Area Directors, and a
couple of other senior members from the IESG.
They are now all aware of our need to progress, and will at least address
our concerns during the week, even if I could not get total assurance that
everything will be settled immediately.

In the TLS WG meeting held today, I made contact with the author of the new
HTTP over TLS document, who will try to help us address the remaining
problem of how to run TLS and HTTP over the same scheme and port number,
hopefully also this week.

So, I am happy to report that it looks like we have a good chance to get
things moving ahead.

Carl-Uno

Carl-Uno Manros
Phone +1-310-333 8273, Fax +1-310-333 5514
Email: manros@cp10.es.xerox.com