IPP Mail Archive: (no subject)

(no subject)

kugler@us.ibm.com
Fri, 28 Aug 1998 16:47:05 +0100

Date: 28 Aug 1998 14:54:58 -0000
From: "Carl Kugler" <kugler@us.ibm.com>
Subject: Re: IPP> IFF "status message" question
To: ipp@pwg.org
Sender: owner-ipp@pwg.org

Section 14 (Appendix B) of the "Model and Semantics" document includes the =
> following:
> "The name of the enum is the suggested status message for US English"
>
> The name of the enum for unqualified success (0x0000) is 'successful-ok'. =
> Shouldn't its corresponding status message be "successful-ok"? If so, =
> there is another discrepancy in Appendix A of the "Encoding and Transport" =
> document where "OK" is used as the status-message for 'successful-ok'.
>
> -Hugo Parra

Also, isn't "successful-ok" redundant? We could save a few bytes and shorten that to "successful" without losing any information. Similarly with "successful-ok-ignored-or-substituted-attributes" and "successful-ok-conflicting-attributes".

-Carl

-----
Original Message: http://www.findmail.com/list/ipp/?start=4393
Start a FREE email list at http://www.FindMail.com/