IPP Mail Archive: Re: PWG> IPP> PRO> HTTP Connection: close

Re: PWG> IPP> PRO> HTTP Connection: close

Carl Kugler (kugler@us.ibm.com)
Wed, 9 Sep 1998 16:53:39 -0400

I agree that the client and server must accept the Connection: close he=
ader.
I'm wondering how to satisfy the requirement that the client and server=
MUST
include this header for the last operation in a sequence of operations.=

Specifically, how do the client and server know, a priori, that the cur=
rent
operation is the last operation in a sequence (and therefore MUST inclu=
de the Co
nnection: close header)?

-Carl

rturner@sharplabs.com on 09/09/98 02:17:29 PM