IPP Mail Archive: IPP> Broken IPP mail headers

IPP> Broken IPP mail headers

Ira Mcdonald x10962 (imcdonal@eso.mc.xerox.com)
Thu, 17 Sep 1998 14:32:50 PDT

Copies: ipp@pwg.org
don@lexmark.com

Hi Don, Thursday (17 September 1998)

EVERY message arriving via the PWG reflector has the following errors in
the SMTP headers. The '@' has been DOUBLED before 'pwg.org' in both the
'To:' and the 'Sender:' SMTP header elements. The excerpt below came
from command line mail on a SunOS workstation, so I'm pretty confident
that the damage is actually in all of the incoming mail from the PWG.

Cheers,
- Ira McDonald (High North)
906-494-2434 (work)
906-494-2697 (home)

>----------------------------------------------------------------------<
>Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 15:29:51 PDT
>From: Carl Kugler <kugler@us.ibm.com>
> To: ipp@@pwg.org
> ^-illegal subdomain in domain, missing end of address
>To: <imcdonal@eso.mc.xerox.com>
>Subject: IPP> ADM - Minutes from the IPP Meeting in Toronto on August 19-20...
> Sender: owner-ipp@@pwg.org
> ^-illegal subdomain in domain, illegal special character in phrase

PS - I see this kind of breakage in mail that originated from IBM,
Dataproducts, Sun, and Xerox people so it is NOT a problem with the
originators.