IPP Mail Archive: Re: IPP> Re: MOD OLD NEW Issue: Contradictory NLO req

Re: IPP> Re: MOD OLD NEW Issue: Contradictory NLO req

Michael Sweet (mike@easysw.com)
Tue, 13 Oct 1998 22:06:45 -0400

Manros, Carl-Uno B wrote:
> I am hesitant to cut things out of the specs at this stage. What is
> the reaction among people who have already launched or are close to
> launch products?

Well, to be honest we shelved implementation of NLO until some of
these issues got resolved (the current implementation just uses the
current locale, which for CUPS covers 99% of all our users).

The proposed changes would definitely make things a lot simpler and
still support language changes "on the fly". I think it would be a
mistake *not* to make the changes before 1.0 is finalized, since once
it is finalized we're probably stuck with it as long as IPP is around...

Michael Sweet, Easy Software Products                  mike@easysw.com