IPP Mail Archive: RE: RE: IPP> NLO votes [nlo 4 of 4 - Issue 1.48]

RE: RE: IPP> NLO votes [nlo 4 of 4 - Issue 1.48]

Hastings, Tom N (hastings@cp10.es.xerox.com)
Thu, 5 Nov 1998 18:16:35 -0800

Carl,

If our tentative agreement on nlo 4 of 4 to keep both text/nameWithLanguage
and text/nameWithoutLanguage, then we still need the
"attributes-natural-language" in the response to tell what the implicit
natural language is for any text/nameWithoutLanguage, correct?

On the other hand, if we reverse ourselves and do decide to remove
text/nameWithoutLanguage, then I agree with you, we can make the
"attributes-natural-language" in a response, just a MAY. In fact, we could
go even further to make it a SHOULD NOT. But we don't want to rule it out
altogether, since there be implementations that are always returning
text/nameWithLanguage.

Tom