IPP Mail Archive: Re: IPP> on the use of SSL3 framing and SASL

Re: IPP> on the use of SSL3 framing and SASL

Randy Turner (rturner@sharplabs.com)
Fri, 20 Nov 1998 14:01:24 -0800

I don't think so.....Keith Moore was petitioning for someone to take up
this effort and champion at one of the plenary conferences earlier this
year.

At the moment, there is a draft that allows in-band signaling for TLS using
the HTTP Upgrade: header.
Basically, you connect without security then "Upgrade:" your way to
whatever you want.

Either method (SASL or the Upgrade: header) would probably work, I'm still
studying Rohit's "Upgrade:" draft...

Randy