IPP Mail Archive: RE: IPP> Revised SLP 'printer:' template for comments

RE: IPP> Revised SLP 'printer:' template for comments

Richard Shockey (rshockey@ix.netcom.com)
Mon, 04 Jan 1999 22:59:14 -0600

At 08:02 PM 1/4/1999 -0800, Randy Turner wrote:

>What difference does it make whether or not two SLP entries point to the same
>output device? This seems like an administrator issue. If the administrator
>wants two entries to point to the same output device, even across directory
>contexts (or within directory-local context) then we can support him. On the
>other hand, if the administrator wants to uniquely identify all output devices
>that are advertised, then he can do that too.

Exactly... I may want alias my output device(s) by my name for instance.

Richard Shockey
Shockey Consulting LLC
8045 Big Bend Blvd. Suite 110
St. Louis, MO 63119