IPP Mail Archive: RE: IPP> TES IPP Bake-Off 2 prioritized test list

RE: IPP> TES IPP Bake-Off 2 prioritized test list

Paul Moore (paulmo@microsoft.com)
Tue, 12 Jan 1999 13:26:46 -0800

What ipp: scheme. I thought we postponed that to the next version.

-----Original Message-----
From: Zehler, Peter [mailto:Peter.Zehler@usa.xerox.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 12, 1999 12:47 PM
To: IPP Discussion List (E-mail)
Subject: IPP> TES IPP Bake-Off 2 prioritized test list

All,
The priority of the test at the next IPP bake-Off have been set. Any
comments/objections/general complaints should be sent to the IPP DL.

I will be holding an IPP Bake-off2 teleconference Friday morning. (details
to follow) The objective of the teleconference is to discuss the
prioritized test list. We need to flesh out the content of the tests
further. The IPP Bake-Off Test plan will also be discussed. Specifically
the sections referenced in the prioritized list.

The comments from the teleconference will be incorporated and be presented
at the Maui IPP meeting. Based on the input from the teleconference I will
try and get out a preliminary schedule for the Bake-Off.

The prioritized list for testing at the IPP Bake-Off 2 are stored at
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_TES/Bake-Off2-Priority-List.pdf
I have also included it below.
The Test Plan is available at
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_TES/IPP-Test-Plan-990112.pdf
A redlined version is also available at
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_TES/IPP-Test-Plan-990112-red.pdf
MS word versions of the documents are also available. We will be using the
pdf file without redlining in the teleconference.

Pete

__________________

IPP Bake-Off 2 Prioritized Test List
Last updated 1/12/99 by Peter Zehler

1. Basic Connectivity/Print(All participants)
Insure all IPP participants are up and connected. Determine supporters of
Set1 operations. Record interoperability of simple print submission.
A) Complete table 4.1
B) Perform section 2.1.3 and complete table 4.1.3
C) Perform section 2.3 and complete table 4.4 or equivalent matrix
(IPP scheme can be completed during this step)
2. Chunking (Participants that can send or receive chunked encoding)
Test the ability of IPP Printers to accept a chunked IPP request and IPP
Client to accept chunked responses.
A) Perform section 3.3 and complete table 4.15
3. Security (Participants that support Basic, Digest or SSL3 security)
Test the ability of IPP Clients and Printers to interoperate while various
security schemes are in effect. The security schemes can be Basic, Digest,
SSL3, or TLS. We will test only the ability of the Client and Printer to
complete an operation such as print-job or get-printer-attributes. We will
not be testing the interactions of an authenticated user and his
capabilities in the IPP model.(e.g. one user being able to cancel another
user's job)
A) Perform any of the subsections of section 3.1 that apply and record
results in a table similar to the one in section 4.13
4. NLO (all implementations)
Test natural language override conformance(NOTE: Update to test plan
required to specify the objective of the NLO test. I assume that it will be
along the lines of the NLO Test Script that Xerox developed and circulated
last year)
A) ???
5. IPP Scheme - (implementations that support the "ipp://" scheme)
Test interoperability of Clients and Printers that support the IPP scheme.
(Note: this test may also be performed with a proxy between the Client and
Printer)
A) Perform section 2.3 and complete table 4.4 or equivalent matrix

6. Create Job/Send Document (implementations that support the
operations)
Test the interoperability of the create-job/send-document operations in
various implementations.
A) Perform section 3.8 and record results in section X. (See note on timeout
and multiple-document jobs)
7. Print by Reference (implementations that support the operations)
Test the interoperability of the create-job/send-uri and print-uri
operations in various implementations.
A) Perform section 3.8 and record results in section X. (See note on timeout
and multiple-document jobs)
8. Charset - (All implementations)
Test charsets other than UTF-8.
A) Perform section 3.6
9. Hold/Release (implementations that support these operations)
Test the hold-job, release-job, pause-printer and resume-printer more
rigorously than during the first Bake-Off.
A) Need to flesh out details
10. HTTP Version - (implementations that support HTTP 1.0 and 1.1)
Test the interoperability of IPP requests/responses over HTTP 1.0.
A) Perform section 3.4 and record in section 4.16
11. Spool/NoSpool - Modify test plan and scripts to accommodate
non-spooling printers
12. Doc Format Colored Attributes (printers that support)
Test the printer's capability to return attribute values based on the
document format specified in the IPP request.
(Does anyone do this)
13. Language (All implementations)
Test multiple languages. (What do we want to do here)
A) Perform section 3.7

Peter Zehler
XEROX
Networked Products Business Unit