IPP Mail Archive: RE: IPP> SLP 'printer:' template comments [language]

RE: IPP> SLP 'printer:' template comments [language]

Mikael Pahmp (mikael.pahmp@axis.com)
Thu, 14 Jan 1999 12:42:31 +0100

Hi Ira,

I'm wondering why templates for SLPv1 is considered. The only v1
implementation and deployment of recognizable size that I know of
is in Novell's NetWare 5. Is Novell interested in v1 printer
templates?

At Axis, we are implementing v2 precisely because we want to use
the printer services you're defining. I don't think v1 templates
are important unless someone is explicitly requesting it. I know
that Erik and others working with the v2 protocol specifications
would like to see people moving to v2.

/Mikael

ipp@pwg.org;