IPP Mail Archive: RE: IPP> MOD - missing and duplicate keyword value in "printer-st

RE: IPP> MOD - missing and duplicate keyword value in "printer-st

Hastings, Tom N (hastings@cp10.es.xerox.com)
Fri, 22 Jan 1999 12:23:32 -0800

Bill,

The more general keywords 'marker-supply' are also present further down in
the list (see mail message below):

> 'marker-supply-low': The device is low on at least one marker
>supply. (e.g. toner, ink, ribbon)
> 'marker-supply-empty: The device is out of at least one marker
>supply. (e.g. toner, ink, ribbon)

So are you suggesting we don't need 'toner-low' and 'toner-empty', because
we already have the more general 'marker-supply-low' and
'marker-supply-empty'?

If so, then I should delete both 'toner-low' and the duplicate
'marker-supply-low' from the Model.

I had thought that it didn't really hurt to have both marker-supply and
toner keywords. A client would then have a better idea how to localize each
so that a user would know what was wrong, since 'toner' is so prevalent a
technology and marker-supply so general. So I prefer to keep both pairs of
-low and -empty keywords, ok?

Tom