IPP Mail Archive: IPP> FW: New I-D Boilerplate

IPP> FW: New I-D Boilerplate

Manros, Carl-Uno B (cmanros@cp10.es.xerox.com)
Fri, 29 Jan 1999 09:47:41 -0800

Editors,

More details on the new template.

I suggest that we will use the first formulation. We also need to check that
we are indeed
following RFC 2026.

Carl-Uno

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Coya [mailto:scoya@ietf.org]
Sent: Friday, January 29, 1999 8:40 AM
To: wgchairs@ietf.org
Subject: New I-D Boilerplate

Greetings,

I recently posted a message to the announcement list informing folks that
the I-D guidelines document has been updated, and that all I-D submissions
need to incorporate what's in guidelines.

The specific change pertains to the first line of the boilerplate text:

All Internet-Drafts should begin with ONE of the following three
statements:

This document is an Internet-Draft and is in full conformance
with all provisions of Section 10 of RFC2026.

This document is an Internet-Draft and is in full conformance
with all provisions of Section 10 of RFC2026 except for the
right to produce derivative works.

This document is an Internet-Draft and is NOT offered in
accordance with Section 10 of RFC2026, and will only exist as
an Internet-Draft.

Any submission which does not include one (and only one) of the above
three statements will be returned to the submitter. The IETF Secretariat
will NOT add this text.

I'm explicitly bringing this to your attention. You should be aware of the
requirement, and I expect most of you will want to check out which line is
used prior to accepting an document as a work ite of the WG.

Steve