Please review these additions and changes and send e-mail if any comments.
We want to send this as an Internet-Draft before the IETF cutoff for the
March meeting, which I think is 23-Feb.
The additions have already been approved by the WG as extensions to IPP/1.0
and the changes have been approved in principle by the WG.
The revision marks show the following differences from IPP/1.0 (from
APPENDIX F: Differences between the IPP/1.0 and IPP/1.1 "Model and
The following IPP/1.0 [IPP-MOD1.0] extensions have been incorporated into
1. Sections 3.2.7, 3.2.8, and 3.2.9 - added the OPTIONAL Pause-Printer,
Resume-Printer, and Purge-Jobs operations
2. Sections 3.3.5, 3.3.6, and 3.3.7 - added the OPTIONAL Hold-Job,
Release-Job, and Restart-Job operations.
3. Section 4.2.2 - added the 'indefinite' keyword value to the
"job-hold-until" attribute for use with the create operations and Hold-Job
and Restart-Job operations.
4. Section 4.2.6 - added more enum values to the "finishings" Job
5. Section 18.104.22.168 - added the Partitioning of Job States section.
6. Section 4.3.8 - added the 'job-restartable' keyword value to the
"job-state-reasons" attribute for use with the Restart-Job operation.
7. Section 4.4.2 - added the 'tls1' keyword value to the
8. Section 4.4.11 - added the 'moving-to-paused' keyword value to the
"printer-state-reasons" attribute for use with the Pause-Job operation.
9. Section 4.4.11 - replaced the duplicate 'marker-supply-low' keyword
with the missing 'toner-empty' keyword for the "printer-state-reasons"
10. Section 4.4.13 - added the enum values to the "operations-supported"
attribute for the new operations.
11. Sections 4.4.33 and 4.4.34 - added the OPTIONAL "pages-per-minute"
and "pages-per-minute-color" Printer Description attributes.
12. Section 8.5 - added the security discussion around the new operator
13. Section 17 - added the OPTIONAL "pages-per-minute" and
"pages-per-minute-color" Printer attributes to the Directory schema.
The following changes were made to IPP/1.0 [IPP-MOD1.0] to create IPP/1.1:
1. Section 3.1.7, 5.2.4, and 22.214.171.124 - Clients and IPP objects MUST
support both version 1.0 and 1.1.
2. Section 5.4, 8.2, and 8.7 - changed the IPP object security
requirements from OPTIONAL non-standards track SSL3 to RECOMMENDED standards
track TLS1. Changed the client security requirements from RECOMMENDED
non-standards track SSL3 to RECOMMENDED standards track TLS1
See also the "IPP/1.1 Encoding, Transport, and IPP URL Scheme" [ipp-pro]
document for differences between IPP/1.0 [IPP-PRO1.0] and IPP/1.1 [IPP-PRO].