IPP Mail Archive: RE: IPP> MOD - Updated IPP/1.1 Model and Semantics posted - revie

RE: IPP> MOD - Updated IPP/1.1 Model and Semantics posted - revie

Manros, Carl-Uno B (cmanros@cp10.es.xerox.com)
Mon, 15 Feb 1999 15:46:25 -0800

Paul,

This was an unanimous recommendation from a meeting you did not attend.

It was felt that as so much time has passed to get the IIPP/1.0 out and that
many implementations now support the new operations they might as well go
into the main spec.

Including them in IPP/1.1 does not mean that we cannot also register them as
IPP/1.0 extensions as originally planned.
Would you be happy with that? I have some difficulty to see your problem.

Carl-Uno