IPP Mail Archive: RE: IPP>MOD: Issue #4 client closes slow channel and Issue #5 cli

RE: IPP>MOD: Issue #4 client closes slow channel and Issue #5 cli

Herriot, Robert (Robert.Herriot@pahv.xerox.com)
Tue, 30 Mar 1999 13:35:16 -0800

I forgot to mention two things yesterday.

1. Issues #4 and #5 are essentially the same issue with regard to the fix.

2. The issue of a client keeping a channel open permanently is especially
important for clients which are print servers. A server must avoid printing
multiple document fragments and it can only do so by avoiding multiple
transmissions of a document. However, a client that supports a user should
also keep the channel open so a user isn't surprised (as I stated
yesterday).

Bob Herriot

Yesterday's message with no changes below: