IPP Mail Archive: RE: IPP> HTTP Content-Type

RE: IPP> HTTP Content-Type

Hastings, Tom N (hastings@cp10.es.xerox.com)
Tue, 30 Mar 1999 14:21:05 -0800

It is an error. The status code that makes the most sense would be
"client-error-bad-request'. We can add the check for "application/ipp" to
the Implementer's Guide. Ok? I don't see any need to change the Model and
Semantics document and/or the Encoding and Transport document.

Tom

-----Original Message-----
From: G. Sudarshan [mailto:gsudar@teil.soft.net]
Sent: Friday, March 26, 1999 04:01
To: ipp@pwg.org
Subject: IPP> HTTP Content-Type

Hi,

What should IPP Printer Object do when it receives a request
with Content-Type other than "application/ipp" ?

I assume if Content-Type is not received then IPP Printer Object
can assume "application/ipp" as the default Content-Type. Am I correct ?

I would appreciate your help and thanks for your time.

Thank You,
Sudarshan Ganapathi

E-mail : gsudar@teil.soft.net Address : D&D, Tata Elxsi Ltd,
Tel (Work) : +91-80-8410222 Hoody, Mahadevapura Post,
Fax (Work) : +91-80-8410219 Bangalore - 48, India